This app can’t openFriday, September 28, 2012 8:02
Posted in category Windows 8
If you are running Windows 8 and you get an error message stating “This app can’t open” when you try to open a modern app, you can follow these steps to overcome the issue;
- Open the traditional Control Panel and go to Advanced User Management (or click type “edit local users and groups” in the charms bar).
- Create a local user account (e.g. “foo”).
- Log off the current user and log on with the newly create user (e.g. “mypc\foo”)
- After going through the “New User Experience” all modern apps are re-registered within Windows 8 for all users.
- Log off the current user and log on with your “normal” credentials again.
- Now the app should work again!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One Response to “This app can’t open”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.